教宝宝煮鸡蛋与美式炒蛋,早餐更有营养
作者:小雅和英美友人
Egg Breakfast II
鸡蛋早餐(下)
I. Boiled eggs 煮鸡蛋
Child: Mom, besides steamed egg and fried egg, what other way can we cook eggs?
宝宝:妈妈,除了鸡蛋羹和煎鸡蛋,鸡蛋还能怎么做啊?
Mom: I’ll show you the easiest way to cook an egg today - boil it.
妈妈:我今天来教教你最简单的鸡蛋做法——煮。
We can either soft-boil them or hard-boil them,
我们可以做成溏心的,也可以是全熟的,
which means the yolk is either a little soft and runny or it is completely solid.
也就是说可以让蛋黄软软的、水汪汪的,或者完全凝固。
Which way would you prefer?
你更喜欢哪种方式?
Child: I like it hard boiled!
宝宝:我喜欢全熟的!
Mom: Okay. Let’s get out what we need: a pot with a lid, water, some salt, and the eggs.
妈妈:好的。我们拿出所需的东西:一个带盖的锅、水、一些盐和鸡蛋。
Let’s place the eggs in the pot first.
我们先把鸡蛋放入锅中。
Then, why don’t you fill it with water until the eggs are covered?
然后,你来加水吧,加到鸡蛋被完全覆盖。
Child: Like this?
宝宝:这样吗?
Mom: Yup! They are completely submerged.
妈妈:是的!它们完全没在水里了。
I will sprinkle some salt in the water.
我在水里撒些盐。
Child: Why do we add salt?
宝宝:为什么要加盐啊?
Mom: To disinfect the eggs a bit and make it easier to peel later.
妈妈:稍微给鸡蛋消消毒,一会儿也更好剥。
Child: I know what’s next – boil some water.
宝宝:我知道接下来怎么做了 ——把水烧开。
Mom: Yes, put the pot on the stove on high heat and make the water boil.
妈妈:是的,把锅放在炉子上,高火把水煮沸。
Make sure your pot has a lid on it.
要把锅盖盖着。
After it comes to a boil, turn the heat to low.
水开后,调成小火。
Let the eggs cook for 10 minutes.
把鸡蛋煮10分钟。
(After 10 minutes 十分钟后)
Child: Time is up!
宝宝:时间到了!
Mom: Yes, use this slotted spoon to scoop the eggs out of the pot and into a bowl.
妈妈:嗯,用这个漏勺把鸡蛋从锅里捞到碗里。
Pour some cold water in the bowl so it’s not too hot to peel and eat.
往碗里倒点凉水,这样剥和吃的时候就不会太烫了。
Child: Okay. Can’t wait to eat the boiled egg made by myself!
宝宝:好的。等不及吃我自己做的煮鸡蛋了!
II. Scrambled eggs 炒蛋
Mom: I would also like to show you how to cook scrambled eggs.
妈妈:我也教教你怎么做炒蛋。
That way we can cover most of the basic egg dishes for breakfast.
这样就能覆盖到大部分基础的鸡蛋早餐了。
I want to cook it the western way, so we’ll need a pan, a spatula, a whisk, a little bowl, some butter and salt.
我想用西式做法,所以我们需要一个平底锅、一把铲子、一个打蛋器、一个小碗、一些黄油和盐。
Child: Mom, I put them on the counter by the stove.
宝宝:妈妈,我把它们放在炉子旁边的灶台上了。
Mom: Good. First, we’ll heat our pan a little on medium heat.
妈妈:好的。首先,我们把锅中火预热一下。
While it’s heating up, we will put our egg in the bowl and beat the egg a little to break up the yolk.
等它变热的时候,我们把鸡蛋打入碗中,稍微打一下鸡蛋,打散蛋黄。
Child: I can do it.
宝宝:我来吧。
Mom: Good. Then, let’s put a tablespoon of butter in the pan and let it melt and then put the egg in there.
妈妈:好的。然后,我们在锅里放入一汤匙黄油,让它融化,然后放入鸡蛋。
It should sizzle when you put it in the pan.
你把它放入锅里的时候,应该会发出嘶嘶声。
Child: It sizzled, so the pan should be hot enough!
宝宝:发出嘶嘶声了,所以锅应该已经足够热了!
Mom: Yes, then we will move the egg around with the spatula for about 3-5 minutes.
妈妈:是的,然后我们要用铲子不断搅动鸡蛋,大约3-5分钟。
Then, I’ll sprinkle in a little salt.
然后,我来往里面撒一点盐。
You can also add any seasonings you like here.
你也可以加入你喜欢的其他调料。
Child: Pepper!
宝宝:胡椒!
Mom: Sure. Then, turn the heat off and put the egg on your plate!
妈妈:没问题。然后,关火,把鸡蛋盛到盘子里!
Child: It looks yummy!
宝宝:看起来很美味!
点击@你和宝宝说英语,关注我,学习更多亲子英文和育儿知识。
标签